Re: Kol Isha

I believe one of the inherent strengths of Judaism is its ability to change.
At the core of our belief system is the instruction to look at an issue from
all sides, to discuss the ramifications of the law, and if the law is
outdated, or unjust, then change it.

I share the opinion that kol isha is truly unjust, and it should be changed.
I further believe that men are hurt by adherence to this issue, just the way
that we are ALL hurt by the existence of sexism, homophobia, racism and
classism. As a society and culture, we don't (most of us, anyway) stone
people anymore for their sins, and most of us would join the outcry against
any society that adhered to this practice.

Peace,

Seth

--
Seth Austen

http://www.sethausten.com
emails: seth (at) sethausten(dot)com
klezmusic (at) earthlink(dot)net

"What America needs is 10 years of silence." ?Stravinsky