Re: Fw: Kol Isha

The Klezmatics Concert rocked.  "Shnirele, Perele" drew  a huge respone
and
"Ale Brider" left the audience howling for more...

specifically as a person who made a strong Halakhik argument in the
past.
But, as Shirona so eloquently and passionately stated  in her second
posting ,
your argument is after all, "self-referential" and "the party line."

At my age (not to consider mileage) I am flattered to be characterized
as a "young Turk."

As far as living in a world without law:  you would never be convinced
that an unlettered man could actually be attempting to live according
to  higher personal standards than someone  well-versed in every
=pichivke= of Halakha.

As far " passing knowledge" goes, you are correct, sir.  I am
auto-didactic.
I have no diplomas or degrees to verify how intelligent I may or may not
be.
I  have always preferred the world of direct experience;  when I was
younger,
I just never had the =zitsflaysh= to warm a bench with my rear end, day
in day out.
However,  of my most prized possessions has always been my library card.

To quote Bob Marley:  "Facts and facts and facts; dem all a lot of
f*&*%$g  b&^(%#%$t".
I interpret this to mean:  when people are oppressed and suffer, cut the
crap (discussion, argument) and end the oppression.

The injunction against Kol Isha, IMO -- is a psychological implant whose
purpose is to
create self-loathing and feelings of inferiority in women, in order to
make them all the
more subservient to men in a patriarchal society.  Any rationale is just
propoganda.

Who gave these "social architechts" the right?  Nobody;  it was just a
men's club,
as it continues to be.

We don't need anybody's permission to discredit and abandon this
oppressive and unfair rule.  (I am NOT saying we should  do away with
the entire Halakha, folks!).

We can empower ourselves by ending our complicity.

Wolf

Lenka:   I had a similar experience regarding the broadcast of songs
from "Transmigrations" over a radio station in New Jersey.  I was asked,
which of the songs on the CD did not include the all-female back-up
singers as those were the only ones the DJ would play...

Forget about Phil K. for the time being.  You could sue him later for
restriction of trade
 unfair business practices and sexual discrimination.

(If she is not already doing so)  Zelda Young at CHIN will play your
record.