Re: kol isha in action

I think another principle involved is that of not embarassing a person. If
organizers of an event want to have only male singers, they should engage
performers with that in mind from the beginning and make sure that they
have done their homework as to who the vocalists are in each group. If the
Orthodox rabbis join the coalition late, they should just be informed ahead
of time as to who the performers are so they can absent themselves if
needed.

I always ask at the beginning of the booking process if there this might be
a question, so I won't feel flustered or embarassed. Having to keep my
mouth shut is still not very pleasant, but at least I'm prepared. The part
that I like in that sort of community is leading dancing with women only,
which I don't mind at all.

Peggy-Khaye

Joe Kurland and Peggy Davis

The Wholesale Klezmer Band