Re: kol isha in action

Honestly, that's what I was thinking.  I was really surprised that they
told me they were going to play.  I thought they'd tell me they
cancelled because of it.  The woman I spoke to told me we should put our
differences aside in solidarity for the good we were doing for Israel.
 It's hard to argue with that and not feel selfish, but I am tired of
being told there is something wrong about my singing for certain people.
 God gave me this gift, why shouldn't I be allowed to share it with
everyone?  What distraction does my singing offer?  Who is going to be
praying during my singing?  Someone please tell me a really good reason
why a man shouldn't hear me sing at a fundraiser for Israel!
Lorele

--
You can now hear Lori's new CD, Songs My Bubbe Should Have Taught Me; Vol.1:
Passover, at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lcahan Only $15 & postage. Email me for

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->