Re: kol isha in action

At the risk of making a very long thread even longer, I wish to mention that
I wrote my comment on this subject without seeing that Lorele's original
posting had to do with a public concert which was not under Orthodox
sponsorship.  I need to ammend my last note accordingly.

There is no question but that someone decided to make policies that had not
been considered and made my the committee that organized the benefit.
Obviously, they need to sit down together and decide if this is or is not to
be their policy in the future. If it is to be, there should be a
clearly-written statement that goes out when talent is being solicited that
says "Kol Isha will be respected--no female singers, please."

Obviously, if such a policy had not been decided on and publicized, a female
singer would have the right to feel slighted.  It would be correct of the
organizers to consider this in the future, rather than leaving the decision
to an individual deciding al regal ahat.

Lori

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->