Re: Kol Isha

In a message dated 2/18/01 3:24:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nusach (at) hotmail(dot)com writes:

> ELIEZER...please forgive me, my comments were actually directed to Jordan.
> I like your pov....no I have not heard her work...does she have recordings
> (getting back to jewish music topic...and an email address where i can see
> if she would like to be on the show?

Winston, let me reiterate. I have no issue with those who do not observe Kol
Isha, or any Halachic principle for that matter. My sole objection has to do
with the casual, flippant way Halacha and tradition are treated by some of
those who choose either not to observe or make themselves more informed. My
personal views on the subject are best left to private discussion, because I
don't want to make myself the issue, and also because I am focussing mainly
on the concept of respecting Halachic tradition. The intricacies of Kol Isha
are discussed with great competence by the sources recommended on the list by
Bob Wiener, and I recommend consulting them.

Jordan

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->