    From: TROMBAEDU (at) aol(dot)com <TROMBAEDU (at) aol(dot)com>
    To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
    Date: Sunday, February 18, 2001 8:16 PM
    Subject: Re: Kol Isha

    In a message dated 2/18/01 3:24:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
    nusach (at) hotmail(dot)com writes:

        ELIEZER...please forgive me, my comments were actually directed to
Jordan.
        I like your pov....no I have not heard her work...does she have
recordings
        (getting back to jewish music topic...and an email address where i can
see
        if she would like to be on the show?

    Winston, let me reiterate. I have no issue with those who do not observe
Kol
    Isha, or any Halachic principle for that matter. My sole objection has to
do
    with the casual, flippant way Halacha and tradition are treated by some of
    those who choose either not to observe or make themselves more informed. My
    personal views on the subject are best left to private discussion, because
    don't want to make myself the issue, and also because I am focussing mainly
    on the concept of respecting Halachic tradition. The intricacies of Kol
Isha
    are discussed with great competence by the sources recommended on the list
by
    Bob Wiener, and I recommend consulting them.

    Jordan

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->