Re: Fw: Kol Isha

Kol Isah is simply another backward, repressive, unilateral Orthodox
belief.  Why is a women's voice nakedness and not a man's?  Most of the bad
music written and sung, especially in the secular world is written by men
not women.
     I have all 4 of Neshama Carlebach's recordings and have seen her in
person several times.  She has a wonderful voice.  Personally,
I feel so sorry for her that she has to perform in the narrow Orthodox
world.  If her secular music takes hold for general audiences perhaps
she will be able to break free from the problems that we have in the Jewish
world.