Re: Kol Isha

Not mean spirited..... perhaps just fiercely passionate.
not sure what would offend you in Trudi's POV
This is a such a struggle for many of us.
To have our mothers fight so hard to be treated with respect and
equality and yet to have this sexist attitude prevail is scary.

I met a chassid in Paris who after learning what I did informed me he
would get 200 yiddish speaking jews out to hear me sing...
I said " but of course you won't come yourself"?
he then smiled and said he would do whatever he felt like doing.... and
if he wanted to hear a woman sing he would,
At Ashkenaz, my husband told me that at the back of the crowd of almost
5000 there was a religious man with tsitses shucking and jiving to my
Yiddish rendition of Los es Shnayen, Los es Shnayen, Los es Shnayen.
So I suppose as in most living traditions which must grow with the
times there are no hard and fast rules?....

http://www.theresatova.com