Re: Kol Isha

I would agree with you on persevering on this list and I do agree with you on
kol isha, but there's a lot of precedent for my point.  A great deal of (what
I and many of us regard as) headway has been made in some theological regions
of Judaism, but little or none elsewhere and it's from those regions that the
other side of the argument derives.  The energy and intellect might more
productively be expended elsewhere.  If you disagree, persevere here, but I'd
love to see some evidence that even one mind has been changed in all the years
this thread has lingered.

BTW, we buried my dad on Thursday and half the pallbearers were female.  I'm
no expert on such matters, but I've never seen that before.  He'd have been
delighted.  As lay rabbi for the service (his wish), I certainly was.

--
Alex Lubet, Ph. D.
Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor of Music and Jewish Studies