Re: Kol Isha

I agree that the rules are more fluid than some might admit. what was
offensive about Trudi's post was not the passion, which is certainly not
mine to judge, but the suggestion that there is something inherently
illegitimate about Rabbinic tradition that does not have the backing of a
specific divine revelation. That flies in the face of what to the longest
standing community of Ashkenazic Jews is a basic tenet, namely the right of
Rabbis to interpret the Torah, even at the risk of misunderstanding of God's
intention.
That does not mean that think Trudi is mean spirited, only that she
expressed an argument that only only be characterized as such.

Jordan