Re: Kol Isha

  Very sorry to hear about your father, Alex.

  You're right about perhaps spending too much energy in the wrong place...
but this is one (of two) of my "music communities" - where else do we get to
talk about these things (that really matter)?  This virtual community
replaces real meetings between people - where ideas were exchanged and
people had the opportunity to expand their consciousness by being exposed to
new ideas.  This is how change happens... and it's a slow process.  There
must be thousands of email communities like this one - with whatever topic
as their common denominator.  Ours is music - and this is where the "cross
pollination" of ideas occur. And I'll bet that the most heated debates in
most other virtual communities are about "change", and the "labor pains" new
ideas must suffer.  I actually (in case you didn't notice...;-) enjoy the
clash of ideas - with the unfolding of "predictable patterns" as to how the
change is handled by the community. The case of KI is no different... I
would argue that it's a "perfect specimen". I don't think we often get
instant gratification by witnessing someone actually "change their mind"
before our very eyes... it took 40 years in the desert and a new generation
to be born - for "slave consciousness" to be replaced...Why should things be
different now?

  You're still right though - for the most part all this "talk" won't amount
to a hill of beans. Good thing we can use a swift "delete" and go on to the
next email.

  Shirona
  Singer, Songwriter and Teacher of Jewish Music
     www.shirona.com
     www.cdbaby.com/shirona