Re: Cross-fertilization of Jewish and non-Jewish music

Judy:

Fascinating to read your posts as always.  I guess I have my work cut
out for me.  (Garment industry phrase?)  I'll see if I can do some of
the research online at www.nypl.org

I do have recordings with liner notes of Jewish related music by all
the composers and in all the genres you mention except (unless I am
mistaken) of the music of Clemens von Franckenstein (1875-1942).  He
doesn't show up on CD Now or in my most recent Schwann Opus (Winter
1996/97) or on my "Juden in Deutschland" CD (because it is for
1250-1750, perhaps also because he wasn't from Deutschland).

Thanks for giving me an interesting homework assignment.

Bob