Cross-fertilization of Jewish and non-Jewish music

Is there any material (e.g., books, articles, dissertations,
discographies) on Jewish musical themes in classical music, especially
the less obvious compositions?  I do think that I saw something in the
Jewish Theological Seminary collection of dissertations from the
Cantorial School, but it was basically on the more obvious
copositions, e.g., Bloch.

I would also be especially interested in material on the use of
non-Jewish themes, popular or classical, in Jewish liturgical music
(besides the Aleinu tunes and Adon Olam settings to popular song).

Bob

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->