Re: kol isha

>From: wiener (at) mindspring(dot)com
>To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
>Subject: Re: kol isha
>Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 23:34:50 -0500
>
>I believe that the Ma'yan seders in NYC with Debbie Friedman
>participating are open to men and some do attend.
>
>Women's minyanim at Orthodox synagogues do exclude men, but that's
>another matter.  I assume that women who are offended by such
>minyanim, either because they believe it to be a break from tradition
>and divisive or they reject the need to have a separate service in
>order to play a more active part in services, would tend not to attend
>such an event.
>
>Bob
thanks bob...however being on the non orthodox side of the kol isha issue, i
am curious to hear how many on the list who are actually offended by the kol
isha ruling would also not attend an all woman event that excluded men.  I
would not personally attend a concert where I knew women were excluded from
performing, would the opposite be true from the women on the list?

winston