Re: Fw: Kol Isha

At 10:57 AM 2/20/01 -0500, you wrote:
>And I'm fed up with putting up with people who have the attitude that only
>Orthodox Judaism is Judaism and the rest of us are heretics.

No one on the list can account for your personal experiences. We've all met
closeminded people, and the species seems to be pretty fairly distributed
across the political, social, zipcode, and whatever spectra.

I don't =think= that anyone on this list has expressed the attitude to which
you are reacting. When discussing emotional issues, it's important to remember
we're all talking with real people who are reading what we say--not stand-ins
for every idiot who exemplifies that which drives us crazy. So it's important
to phrase things as those spoken to someone who is listening, or who might
listen if spoken to respectfully. (Agreement is a whole 'nother issue, and not
something I would expect to resolve here :-).)

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/