Re: Fw: Kol Isha

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: TROMBAEDU (at) aol(dot)com
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 4:17 PM
  Subject: Re: Fw: Kol Isha
  <snip>
  You are right in principle. But I will say, (again), when it comes to tenet's
  of Jewish belief, such as that Halacha is part of a tradition developed over
  thousands of years, those who adhere to it are entitled to the benefit of the
  doubt that it should not be condemned before being investigated.
  <snip>

  Please don't take any of these comments as personal attacks on you or on
Orthodoxy.  The discussian has been about a particular practice.  For myself, I
accept your explanation of the reason for the practice, and I don't condemn any
one who follows it.  But I do think that it is responsible to question the
practice itself, and I feel that it can be changed over time.  Someone else
remarked, Judaism does change, but slowly.  Naturally, some folks accept a
change more quickly than others.  Everyone on this maillist obviously accepts
the 'Net, but there are some who think it is the  work of the devil.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->