Re: Kol Isha: Theology and Halakha

In a message dated 2/19/01 7:45:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wiener (at) mindspring(dot)com writes:

> As I pointed out, with examples, it is not true about the Conservative
> movement that "it has to do what it's [sic] constituents think right."

My phrase "constituents" referred to it's Rabbinical constituents. My point
was simply to say that more traditionally minded people once associated with
the Seminary became uncomfortable with the direction it took, and I believe
that in part, the Law Committee had something to do with it. Even though
Rabbi Roth uses "precedent law" thinking, common to Conservative and Orthodox
jurisprudence, they would feel that in some way the Committee perhaps was too
loose with it's interpretive approach.  I will have to track down Rabbi
Gillman's book, it may help clarify some of the issues for me. By now,
everyone is probably wondering, "what is it with these guys?"

Kol Tuv,
Jordan

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->