Re: kol isha

At 11:10 PM 2/19/01 -0500, you wrote:
>just curious.....would the women out there who are offended by the kol isha
>issue, also choose NOT to attend an event where men were excluded, like the
>women's seder?

It's not necessarily an equivalent action, Winston. I can't speak to the
specifics within the Orthodox community, but certainly within the feminist
movement, all-women events are, in part, a reaction to a society that is
male-dominant and often woman-exclusionary (hopefully, less so today, than 30
years ago, but certainly not to such a degree that the issues have become
irrelevant), nor are such events as common, or as large, or as economically
significant as the men-only events.

ari