Re: Klezical Tradition in Springfield, MA April 19

In a message dated 4/20/2004 8:15:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time, myrvaagnes (at)
mindspring(dot)com writes:

> Oops! I sit corrected. Brian (a.k.a. "Roy" to those that don't
> know him) did a great job. And i'm glad at least one other jm-lister was
> there for the concert. I would like to have met you there; I have admired
> your contributions to the list (most especially the "Swan
> Lake
> Tsimbl Massacre" from KlezKamp!).

Don't think Alan W. was there, Eric. He just noticed the blurb didn't match
what he knew: that Brian was playing. (Yes indeed, everyone who has said this
in the last two days. Brian Glassman is that unsung hero, a bassist who just
comes, plops his bass down and gets right in there. A pleasure to have on the
bandstand, truly.

And I agree, that Swan Lake thing of AW was a work of art - both the
description and the actual event!
Adrianne

Adrianne Greenbaum
Assoc. Prof. of Flute, Mount Holyoke College
Klezmer flutist, "FleytMuzik"
cdbaby or fluteworld