Re: Klezical Tradition in Springfield, MA April 19

Hi folks,

Yes, according to the owner of Satalla, they are indeed planning to have
klezmer every Sunday starting in May (he asked me to make this announcement at
the Klez Dispensers show there a couple of weeks ago).  I'm trying to dig up
the contact info, email me offline if you need it.

And by the way, save the date for a great night we are planning on May 6th at
the Baggot Inn -

PIEROGIES AND PO-BOYS:

A NIGHT OF EASTERN EUROPEAN AND NEW ORLEANS DANCE MUSIC AT THE BAGGOT INN, NY

Romashka, The Village Klezmer Quintet, and the Gold Sparkle Brass Band are
joining forces at the Baggot Inn on Thursday, May 6th. The show will feature
the lively music of  Romanian & Russian Gypsy caravans, the Eastern European
Jewish diaspora, and New Orleans second line, which grew out of the funeral
procession traditions of African slaves. Pierogies and Po-Boys, the Red Line
clashes with the Second Line!

Website:

http://www.romashka.net/vkq

http://www.romashka.net/gypsy

When?

7 pm - The Village Klezmer Quintet;

8 pm - The Gold Sparkle Brass Band;

9 pm - Romashka, the NYC Gypsy Dance Party Band,

$5 cover

Where?

Baggot Inn: http://www.baggotinn.com/baggot.html, Baggot Inn is located at 82
W. 3rd Street, bet. Thompson and Sullivan, New York., phone: (212) 477-0622