Re: mitzvot music

i was at a wedding recently between two graduate students from HUC (one
pre-rabbi, the other jewish community service/education), where they
wrote their own vows and said them while the cantor played on a harp.

so, yes. though i suppose now someone is going to claim that reform
practitioners aren't real jews...

also, i've been to one intermarriage ceremony where they had vows, but no
music at that point.

and a catholic wedding (at which i was the photographer) where they sang
"sunrise, sunset" during the ceremony. it was a struggle to keep from
laughing when the line "under the canopy" went by.

-jeremy