Re: mitzvot music (was Scarborough Fair tune)

No, Jordan, I don't think this is going off topic, particularly.

We are constantly faced with the challenge that people have unrealistic
expectations about what they should pay for live, authentic, good quality
Jewish music, whether at simkhes or at concerts.  Most think nothing about
paying $35, $45, or even $75 up to $125 for good seats to a classical music
concert.  Try getting an audience to pay $75 for any kind of Jewish music.
It's what makes a musician's life hardscrbble.

Shira Lerner