Re: goy

For a little more perspective on this word: originally it had no
pejorative connotation at all, and in fact was used by the Creator when
explaining to Abraham (then Abram) "I will make of thee a _great nation_"
(goy gadol), see Genesis XII v. 2; as can be seen, it also originally did
not refer necessarily to foreign (non-Jewish} nations or peoples. That
came later, in the vernacular.

Apologies to those in soc.culture.jewish, to which I do not subscribe, if
this has already been mentioned. I picked up the thread on alt.music.
jewish, although what it was doing there, I can't tell you!

Wendy

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->