Re: "Shagitz"?

In article <3v88bi$lnc (at) miwok(dot)nbn(dot)com>, rmeyer (at) kashrus(dot)org
(Raphael Meyer) wrote:
> In article <soren-2607951935400001 (at)
> admin-mac(dot)lrc(dot)arizona(dot)edu>,
soren (at) cs(dot)arizona(dot)edu says...

> >I was listening to "The Brews", a song by the 2/4 Jewish punk band NOFX.
> >It's a song about a gang of Jewish skinheads who go out "Drinkin'
> >Manazhevitz / Goin' out to terrorize Goyem / Stompin' Shagitz / Screwin'
> >Shikzas ..."
> >
> >I'm familiar with Manashevitz, Goyem, and Shikzas, but what's a Shagitz?
>
> It means a bad, rough, dirty man. A temn to call a non-Jewish punk. It is the
> masculine of Shikza.
> Where can I get this album?
> (please ignore the last message I posted, I didn't finish all I wanted
to say))

The album is "Punk in Drublic" by NOFX.  It should be pretty easy to find;
it's their most recent (and most successful) album, though IMO wasn't
quite as good as some of their earlier albums.  Any real punk fan should
love it.

--
Soren Ragsdale, Ex Prime Minister of France
soren (at) cs(dot)arizona(dot)edu - http://www.emerald.net/soren/home.html

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->