Re: goy

In article <40dp57$k8p (at) zip(dot)eecs(dot)umich(dot)edu>,
Matthew H. Fields <fields (at) zip(dot)eecs(dot)umich(dot)edu> wrote:
<<<Hmmm, funny, I had heard "di goy" as plural, with no ending, too.
<
<<Suppose someone came along and said: Hm, funny, I had heard "the ignoramus"
as
<<plural, with no ending, too. What then?
<
<If they said it in a language with a plural definite article, that might make
<a difference.
<

Besides which, what royal college of Yiddish is now handing out standard
Yiddish grammar?
We don't even have one of those for English.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->