Re: Kol Isha - Just the Facts, please!

Sylvia and I are on the same page when it comes to the issue of how to
handle minority opinions regarding concert performances.
It is interesting that Sylvia brings up Williamsburg. For those not from
New York, Williamsburg is more of a Chasidic neighborhood than just
Orthodox. It is my opinion that as Chasidim have started learning in
more Lithuanian style Yeshivos in the last twenty years, their customs
have also infiltrated the thinking in those "litvishe" Yeshivos.
Chasidic thinking was always based on a mystical approach to Gender
relations, which mandated many more distinctions in behavior and mixing.
Some of them are quite interesting, others would probably make the more
left wing amoing us scream. But what is important is the way in which
those ideas have become more mainstream than they ever were.
Sylvia alluded to thrree or four other things that I could discuss, but
I do want to avoid the advanced Talmud Class, as Sam put it. Thse
interested should contact me off list.

Jordan