Kol Isha

Here's the deal and here's the dance. As a woman performer I refuse to abide by Kol Isha. I consider it a man-made law and not a G-d made law. When people, particularly men, who have a vested interest in wanting to keep women in their place religiously and culturally start siting law to substantiate their views...well all I can say is there isn't any reason why people should put up with it.

If you can show me that HaShem doesn't want women to sing around men and male children.  That HaShem has actually leaned into your ear and told you that for an absolute fact...then I'll listen.

Otherwise, it's just speculation.  And I refuse to believe that HaShem would want half of society to not fulfill themselves creatively and personally in any setting.  HaShem is all about love NOT narrow-mindedness.

I grew up around Orthodoxy and Chassidism...when there is a woman rabbi and/or cantor in those reigious traditions then I'll actually feel like I want to listen to this type of woman-hating. woman adversation behavior masquerading as religious thought. And address it!

Hey if the men don' like the women's voices WHY DON'T THEY GET UP AND LEAVE???

Darned presumptious to think that a woman OUGHT to!

Hey, there's a reason why some people, myself included stopped addressing the Kol Isha issue on this list...it's not my experience that this issue will be resolved. It hasn't been in the Jewish community, specifically or at large.

Shalom,

Trudi Goodman

Learn how to choose, serve, and enjoy wine at Wine @ MSN. ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------+ Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network, http://shamash.org a service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/ To unsubscribe email listproc (at) shamash(dot)org and have your message read: unsubscribe jewish-music ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------=

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->