Re: Fw: Kol Isha

a) Neshama doesn't only perform in the Orthodox world.  And when she does,
she doesn't "have" to; she chooses to.  Sometimes, btw, for audiences of
only women.  And sometimes not.  Sometimes for mixed audiences at Orthodox
shuls, as I've advised before.

b) Neshama identified herself to me as "absolutely" (I think that was the
word--or equally strongly) Orthodox.  I don't know that you do her or other
Jewish women, Orthodox and otherwise, any honor by feeling "sorry" for them.
  Such an expression, I think, usually serves the function of inflating the
virtues of the speaker than of conveying genuine compassion.

--Robert Cohen