Re: Yes! Judaism: A HEADNOTE

   I suspect most musicians on the list'll disagree. Is there anyone who
   CAN'T think of at least one artist who only knew a few chords and
   wasn't too versatile, but managed to do something brilliant
   nevertheless?

The most obvious example, esp. for a _Jewish_ music list, is Shlomo
Carlebach himself--whose YES! Judaism, as one of his talmidim (students)
described it and I made note of it, was in fact the point of departure for
this interesting (I guess) thread ...

Shlomo was precisely said to know only a few chords on the guitar; from
them he created melodies now sung by Jews (and, in some cases, non-Jews)
all over the world.  He's created a new body of "traditional" Jewish music--
perhaps more so than any composer in Jewish music history.

--Robert Cohen