Re:KI - Bingo Rabbi Weilheimer

Dear Listers:

Whatever we think of the halikhic validity of K.I., the real villains in
Lorele's scenario were not the putative Orthodox men who might have been
offended (sexually aroused)., but the powers that be who booked the group
and accommodated their ultra-minority viewpoint without consideration not
only for the rights of the performer, but of the audience to hear the full
program it might otherwise have heard. As I understand it, Lorele's
exclusion was not in response to their request, but was done in
accommodation to their viewpoint out of hand.

What makes this even more upsetting is that this orchestra flies under the
banner of the WORKMEN'S CIRCLE - an organization born out of Revolution and
Progress and Social Justice. They should never have "caved" but instead made
a stand.
Lorele or we walk.

Sylvia Schildt