Re: striking a balance

--- LOXVODKA (at) aol(dot)com wrote:
> Lox & Vodka has performed at non-orthodox, private
> functions where orthodox
> Jews would be present.  The food was kosher and the
> men covered their heads.
> We have been asked to hold off with any female
> vocals or music that would
> encourage mixed dancing until a certain point in the
> program when the client
> felt that anyone uncomfortable with these things
> could comfortably leave.

see this really works for me, it means that the
orthodox people can attend a fair amount of the actual
event without insulting anyone, and then leaving when
the situation requires them to do so. this places the
onus of kol isha right where it belongs, on the
shoulders of the male who feels that it is a problem
for him.

avi