Re: Where are you from?

Na...if you're part Litvaker like me...you're still thinking about leaving the house and the metaphysical ramifications of that!

Trudi Goodman, here...from Boston, MA. The land of the cod and the bean...and the green bagel!

 My background is Spanish, Italian, Portuguese , Gallician, Russian and Lithuanian and Latvian. I also(as some of you know) am part Irish. My great grandfather James Nathan Bornstein, was an Irish orphan, abandoned on Jewish people's doorstep(who adopted him) in London, England ...in 1870s.

 So, I'm a Lepracohen! And a Heinz 57 Jew...

I'm always thrilled to find out that so many different kinds of people love Yiddish and Jewish music. It positively makes my day, year, and millenia!

Love and Chocolate Covered Matzoh,

Troods

>From: itzik gottesman
>To: World music from a Jewish slant
>Subject: Re: Where are you from?
>Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 07:32:14 -0800
>
>Re George Robinson being "half a yekke" -
>what do you get when you cross a yeke with an East European Jew?
>Someone who comes exactly one hour late. - Itzik
>
>---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
>Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network http://shamash.org
>A service of Hebrew College, offering online courses and an
>online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/
>---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org

---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------+ Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network http://shamash.org A service of Hebrew College, offering online courses and an online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/ ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------=

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->