Fwd: Where are you from?

Hi all !

Recently discovered this forum, and it has been fun and an education
following all the threads.

I grew up in Queens, NYC and my wife is from the Bronx. Recently, I dusted
off my clarinet (used rather infrequently these past few years) and joined
a small Klezmer group here in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Having grown up
playing in jazz bands and symphonic bands, I only have had a small
understanding and knowledge of this great music.

The first time we got together, I was handed music for Dave Tarras' "Zol
Zayn Gelebt". My true musical path has been found ! I know this must be
great music, for when we played recently, there was so much joy and
happiness on everyone's faces as everyone danced the night away.

Jeff (better Late then Never !) Kirschenbaum

>From: "Bob Wiener" <wiener (at) mindspring(dot)com>
>To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
>Subject: Where are you from?
>Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 19:55:18 -0500
>Sender: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
>
>I am delighted by our geographic diversity.  It's been especially
>wonderful to meet list members while traveling.
>
>So, as we're about to say "lashana habaa beeyerushalayeem"
>(transliteration from Hartman Haggada), where are you from?
>
>I grew up in Midwood, Brooklyn, New York City (Andy Statman's current
>neighborhood) and now live in Spuyten Duyvil, the Bronx, NYC.  (BTW, I
>believe that Ari and I were in the Junior Year Abroad program at Hebrew
>University in Jerusalem the same school year.)
>
>Bob Wiener

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->