Re: vibrato

In a message dated 2/4/02 7:18:43 PM, Messiah701 (at) aol(dot)com writes:

<< How interesting!  I recently took a clarinet lesson with Andy Statman.
The first thing that he noticed (and quickly changed in) my playing, was how
I made use of vibrato.  I used it every so often to embelish certain held out
notes, and to add color to certain sustained tones.  He told me that Dave
used a constant vibrato.  It is a very light vibrato, unlike that used as an
ornament (because it is constant.)  The one he taught me is more of a quiver
than a traditionally used wider vibrato.  This is something that is unique to
the clarinet I suppose,  and it changed my sound completely. I thought you
all might find it interesting!!    Michael Winograd >>

Thanks, I did find it interesting!
adrianne