Re: Dancing

I don't know if others have had this sort of experience, but quite often
when I am asked to lead dancing at Jewish community events, I find the
adults only want to watch and treat it as something only children should do.
People are missing out on what a great experience community dancing is.  I
contrast this to my experiences at a local Greek community festival where
everyone gets up and dances (true it's syrtos for hours on end--but it's
still fun).  I always wonder what I could be doing differently to make
people in our community feel more comfortable about participating in Yiddish
dancing.  My most successful attempts have been at events where many of my
own recreational dance group members have been in attendance to help
encourage others to get up and join in.
Helen (of Calgary)