From: "Lori Cahan-Simon" <l_cahan (at) staff(dot)chuh(dot)org>
To: "World music from a Jewish slant" <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2001 10:01 AM
Subject: Dancing

> Hi all,
>
> I need some help.  I am working on publicizing the dance event, led by
Erik Bendix, that will take place here in Cleveland on February 24th, 2002.
I was talking with the head of the Cleveland Yiddish Cultural Committee who
took me to task for using "Yiddish Dance".  He instists that the word
Yiddish cannot be used with
> dance.  I told him that this is what some people are calling it.  He also
nixed "Klezmer Dance".  The phrase "Traditional Eastern European Jewish
Dance" is correct, but unwieldly.  Who has a good suggestion, or some
convincing rationale, for a good name?