Re: Dancing

Ari,

sorry for my nudnik-kayt -- it is actually Zev Feldman and Andy
Statman (I wonder what dr. Freud would say about your slip...).

The expression "klezmer music" was indeed introduced by Zev (Feldman)
before the LP came out, and it is adapted from Beregovski's Yiddish
(klezmerishe musik) and from Stutchevski's Hebrew (musiqah qlezmerit)
expression, although it is a bit "simplified" -- since their
terminology would probably translate into English as "klezmeric
music"... (btw, I am quoting Zev on all this...).

Best,
Francesco

--

YUVAL ITALIA      Centro Studi Musica Ebraica
the  Italian Center for the Study of Jewish Music

via della Guastalla,19            20122 Milano Italy
tel/fax +39 02 55014977    yuval (at) powerlink(dot)it
            http://www.powerlink.it/yuval