Re: Dancing

In a message dated 12/31/01 11:33:00 AM, lkoenick (at) erols(dot)com writes:

<<

I wish you well in encouraging such dancing.  The standard mish mash of

being pulled around the room in some hybrid hora step is a horrible turn off

for me.  Maybe a community could develop various dance troupes that could

perform Yiddish Dance at events and functions that would give people much

more of an idea of what they are missing. >>

That's great. Hybrid hora step is a an accurate description of that which
goes on at concerts if not being taught to do something else. Many of us are
certainly trying to change that. I liked your approach to the question by
returning your example questions. Really helps put all in perspective.