RE: Dancing

Traditional Eastern European Jewish = Yiddish

Thus I'm comfortable with the phrase "Yiddisher Tantz", or Yiddish Dance.
This is the phrase that's used by the Ottawa JCC to promote their...  yes,
"Yiddish Dance" programme.   "Yiddish Dance" is also the term used by many
of  the cultural organizations in Montreal who sponsor.... Yiddish Dance.

I suggest that Mr. Bendix's objection stems from the confusion of the word
"Yiddish". Maybe in his mind, Yiddish refers only to a language, and not a
whole culture. To me (and most Jews) Yiddish defines a culture, and thus is
a legitimate adjective for the word "dance".

Klezmer Dance?  Nah, Nisht gehferlicht.  "Klezmer" seems to narrow it a bit
too much.

Just my 3.2 cents worth. (2 cents Canadian, plus the exchange.)

Ed Sieb