Re: Germans and Klezmer

My comments concerning this issue were intended not to insult anyone, but to
suggest that music unites us all, even Jews and non-Jews, and we should think
about why those who read this list in the first place are here.  I am quite
put off by Wolf's hurtful comments.  He doesn't know me, but presumes to; he
brushes off the fact that I have devoted my life to the revival of the
culture of my fallen relatives for that reason, and that (anyone knows) it is
not a living; and he even states that I am self-promoting.  He really, really
doesn't know me, and I don't run to correct his cynical assumptions.  I
imagine that I am not the first person who has had her essence misconstrued
in this forum, but I cannot pretend that it doesn't give me pause about
further involvement.

Lori
Maxwell Street