Re: FW: RUN-DMC?

Thank you, Reyzl, for your most thorough and  informative post.

While I, too abhor and condemn the anti-Semitic and misogynistic lyrics found
in some rap, (and I don't for a minute buy into PE's b-s rationale)  it is
important to remember, in the words of Austin singer-songwriter Ray Wylie
Hubbard:

"(The late) Bill Monroe has killed more people, in music, than Ice-T".

Lyrics such as those found in "Swindler's Lust", while they do address an ugly
truth of the record business, I believe are shrewdly recorded for their
inflammatory and shock value, to generate publicity and sales.  Unfortunately,
they succeed all to often.

At the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame,when a Black artist is inducted into the
Hall, he is often impoverished in his old age while the Jewish businessman who
sold his records (and often attached his name to the artist's original
compositions) stands laughing in the wings,  fat and <ungeshtopt> due to
financial gains engendered by unethical, exploitative contracts and other
miscellaneous chicanery.

That's a fact.  While the rage of  PE is justified, from where they stand as
Black performers, it is terribly divisive, destructive and self-defeating.

Wolf