Re: FW: RUN-DMC?

> Would you identify the second example of an anti-Semitic Public Enemy
>  song?

The group's most recent CD (notable, if only for being among the first to be
released first in the MP3 format) is called "There's A Riot Going On." The CD
contains a song called "Shindler's Lust," which makes rather oblique but
troublesome references to the people who run the entertainment industry. I
don't have the exact lyrics, but they probably wouldn't be hard to track down
(many media outlets did stories on the ADL's recent condemnation).
What's most frustrating about this second controversy is that it seems so
calculated. P.E. are not nearly as popular as they were in the late '80s and
early '90s, and the group's recent comments about the song (things like,
"Everyone has to check out the song and see for themselves if they agree with
what I'm saying") suggest this is a desperate bid to get someone to care
about their music.
But again, this is an isolated incident, and should be condemned that way.
Anti-Semitism in commercially released rap is virtually non-existent.
-Roni