Re: Contemporary Jewish Musicians: Are they making Jewish music? (e.g., Uri Caine)

At 05:32 PM 12/27/98 -0500, Bob Wiener wrote:
>By the track listing of "Uri Caine's Mahler thing" (see below) any
>Jewishness of the Uri Caine & Gustav Mahler album, "Urlicht/Primal
>Light" would probably derive from the Jewishness of Mahler's work.

So I'm guessing you haven't actually heard the album, with its
not-so-subtle hints at Klezmer and use of Chazzonish motifs (there actually
is a Chazzan on it). It's also strange to note that Caine also has a Wagner
project going! Don't ask me about it, though, since I have no interest in
anything Wagner related.
                                        EK

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->