Re[6]: Itsy Bitsy Spider and other Liturgucal Themes

Dear Cantor Levin,
        Knowing the connection between shehu Noteh an itsy bitsy has
definitely casue ME to feel a bit less dignified when singing it . and the
same for the 3 blind mice and the farmer in the dell.  I privately emailed
someone re: 1 ball tefiloh's use of alouette for the end of Unesaneh Tokef.
 Until peopl made that connection, they were ok. Once it became public that
the high holiday services were using alouette, Rosh Hashan became like
Purim.  I'm not kidding (just exaggerating).

        I think people with associative minds (like myself) will have a LOT
of kavana problems knowing certain melodic connections no matter how much
have intellectualize it.

        I was playing a CD of 'classical msuic" from TV when my on of my
guests said "That's beautiful. Lovely.  What is it?"  I told himm you don't
want to know.  The one piece they liked wsa from Wagner!  Boy you shold
have seen their reaction when I finally I tell him!

Regards,
Rich Wolpoe