Re[2]: Itsy Bitsy Spider and other Liturgucal Themes

Subject: Re: Itsy Bitsy Spider and other Liturgucal Themes
Author:  <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org > at tcpgate
Date:    2/24/98 10:25 PM

>They say nothing positive to me, and they do not deserve the words they
>convey - instead, they trivialize the meaning of the prayers.
Dear Wendy
Does the Star Spangled Banner become trivialized when you are informed that
it originates with a British drinking song?  In other words, is it the
intrinsic meoldy that's the problem or the handicap that you and I share in
that we know the origin of some of our favorite tunes and they are indeed
quite humble!

Rich Wolpoe
>They do not enhance my davening experience, rather they impede it,
>Wendy

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->