Re: lyrics to "Shnirele Perele Gilderne Fon"

I find the lyrics on this variant very interesting.

But I must point out that it contains grammatical errors.

Also in the oine

Vet tkhyes hameysim ufshteyn.

Shouldn't it be vet men tkhyes hameysim or something to that effect? - since
tkhyes hameysim is a process and not a person.

Other than that it is very interesting.

Since hant is feminine (di hant) in der rekhter hant is correct because it
follows the preposition "in".

Land is neuter - dos land - so following a preposition, it should be oyf or
af dem land (contracted to afn or oyfn.

on 12/26/03 10:47 AM, Robert A. Rothstein at rar (at) slavic(dot)umass(dot)edu