Re: lyrics to "Shnirele Perele Gilderne Fon"

hi,

one variant version & one typo to note here:

Vet er kumen tsu raytn -
Veln zayn gute tsaytn....

the second line can also be (slightly more ominously perhaps):
Veln zayn naye tsaytn

Any comments on the more learned as to the significance of "naye tsaytn"?  I
remember noting that line difference in my YIVO/Columbia Summer Program days,
but not the exact source. I think Lorin's Klezmatics version also has gute
tsaytn, but Ellie Kellman, our Yiddish teacher who had already been singing it
for years, I think sang naye tsaytn.

also, just to proofread, there was a "fer" instead of a "der" in that full
typed version just posted to the list.

& a happy new year!
- e v e  s i c u l a r  -
drummer/bandleader