Re: Hazanim in NYC w/ tradl Nusach

My father (Ben Davis) was a yontoivim chazzan, with interviews and
auditions every year at small, semi-starving shuls in South Phila. I
accompanied him to some of these, and young as I was, I still remember the
shameful way he was treated. I watched as he forced himself to smile
through the abuse and insult (and praise, almost simultaneously!).

If "Chasendl oif Shabbes" is the positive view in song of this auditioning
process, does anyone know whether there is a negative view featured in
Yiddish song?

Allen