Re: JEWISH-MUSIC digest 2223

The following was posted on the H-Judaica List.  As a Yiddishist whose limited
knowledge of Hebrew prayers comes with an Ashkenazic accent, I found this
interesting.  Any comments?

Shira Lerner

>From H-Judaica:
There has been a recent trend in the Reform movement (and perhaps
others?) to edit liturgical music so as to be consonant with the stress
patterns of Sephardic Hebrew. For example, in the Barekhu, the tune and
word placement are slightly altered so that one sings ha-ve-vo-RAKH,
rather than ha-me-VO-rakh.
Does anyone know of any published discussions of this trend? I
have not been able to find more than a few passing references.
Jacob Adler
University of Arkansas